How we helped a Tier 1 Telecom develop a strategy for adjacent IoT-based business
Client wanted to expand beyond its triple-play service offerings for residential customers
- Client was challenged with developing new sources of revenue from existing and new customers
- Key competitors were successfully moving into the space with potential to erode client’s customer base and impact ability to attract new customers
Utilized best-in-class product management tools to validate idea and assist with key components of product development and go-to-market plan.
- Conducted industry / market and consumer trends analysis and competitive assessment
- Researched and vetted options for buy, build and partner business models to bring product to market and provided recommendations
- Developed and supported qualitative and quantitative research including packaging and pricing, positioning and branding, sales channel preference, customer segmentation and messaging, customer experience, etc.
- Created Product Definition document that included cross-functional requirements for product readiness
- Provided key inputs and assumptions for business case development
- Developed recommendations for marketing strategy and execution